Friday, February 5, 2010

So Excited!

It's official, we have Rosa and Maggie for our guides! That made our day yesterday. We had both of them on our first trip to China as guides when we went in 2007 to adopt Lia and we'll have them again this time. We had our travel meeting yesterday. There were some problems with the phone lines so we have no idea if we have anyone going to province with us or not. We do know that there are older children being adopted but I'm not sure of the ages. We have a whooping 12 families in our group with the potential of one or two more families joining.

We are traveling during the most expensive time of the year. The bigger the group the better it will be for hotel discounts though. We should have our itinerary early next week. Wondering who our guide in province will be. It still seems unreal to me but I am excited and nervous all at once.

We are less than two weeks from leaving for China!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for you! I wish we had them as our guides this trip. But was so happy that Rosa came and met us for a few minutes. Please tell her that Debbie said hello!
    12 families is a lot. Wow! I'm so excited for you all. I'm so glad your time is finally here.
    Enjoy the moment. Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had Rosa and Maggie on both of our trips with AWAA as well! I love them! So excited that you will soon be on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! It is getting really close now!!!

    I guess I need to send something to you if I am going to. Not sure still what to send … I will email you if I get something in the mail the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo!!! Happy that you have Rosa and Maggie! We didn't have them but I'm happy you are back with the guides you had during Lia's adoption. I'm sure it is so neat for them to see returning families! You are almost there my friend. Your faithfulness and dependance on the Lord through this whole journey to Evan has been so inspiring to me and I know that the Lord is going to bless your socks off! Can't wait to read your blog once you start posting from CHINA! Praying for your family, praying for Evan as he prepares to meet his mom and dad! I get goosebumps just thinking about it! Love you my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you! I know how wonderful it feels to finally know when you are leaving. I'll be following along with you, as you followed mine.

    Thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We also had Maggie and Rosa for our guides when we went in Sept. of '08. Maggie was with us in our provence, too, so we have a special feelings for her :). Just stumbled upon your blog, but am always excited to learn of others out there in the adoption world!! Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you!! Please say hi to Rosa and Maggie for us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello i am mary good ..so excited for you 1 day wow fast time smile ..`evan name is boy pary you and family go to fly safe dj said hello you lol joke laug good time smile

    ReplyDelete