Monday, February 22, 2010

Meeting Evan!

Today we met our second son and it was one of the most amazing days ever. Our flight ended up an hour late due to a passenger being removed from the plane by security. Luckily we were not meeting Evan until 2pm. Our guide Michele is great so far. He told us a ton of information about Chongqing. He dropped us off at the hotel so we could drop off our luggage and get our items ready to head over to the Civil Affairs Building.

At 1:30pm we headed to the Civil Affairs Building and entered right at 2pm. As we walked in the door there was our sweet boy. You could see he knew who we were and that he was excited. He came to me, grabbed my hand and did not let go. What an answer to prayer. The orphanage staff really prepared him well for our arrival. Thank you Lord.

Evan was able to say Mama and Baba with verbal cues. He either has some hearing and or really great lip reading. We were able to meet a young lady that acts as a big sister to him. You will see her with him in a couple of the pictures. They seemed really close. We learned that she was teaching him a bit of sign language. Please pray that we will be granted access to the orphanage on Wednesday. This will be iffy and we pray that it can be made possible.

He is a sweet, sweet boy! We can not wait to see his full personality come to life in the next few days. There have been no tears as of tonight but we will see what tomorrow brings. Thank you all for your prayers. They have worked. Please do not stop now.




Carla: I tried to fix some of the shadows on the photos rather quickly. Anyone meeting your child here, know it has some "wonderful" lighting conditions in the afternoon with backlighting going on. Fill flash or "spot metering" mode might be better. I know these are a tad too red, going to work on it now. :)









21 comments:

  1. PICS????

    I'll check back in an hour! Carla, where are the pics??? :)))

    OK, I am so excited for you all! Possible hearing?!!! What a joy I can hear in your voice!

    He grabbed your hand and would not let go!!!! TEARS!!!

    Prayers continuing from my little spot in the world!

    {{{HUGS}}}
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I was working on them (trust me...I got up EARLY for this as my kids normally sleep until around 9am central time). :)

    and Cheri - oh my gosh - possible hearing? He SAID MAMA and BABA?!!!!!!!! He grabbed your hand and wouldn't let go? (Remember the family who traveled with us the first time with their child who is deaf? That reminds me of him.) The "big sister" to Evan...so sweet. {HUG} my friend, I'm so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so happy to see you together!! What a sweet reunion - I love that he grabbed on to your hand like that. And looks like you brought all the right little toys - he seems mesmerized!! Congratulations, and I'll be praying that the rest of your time in China will be very positive!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to see everything went well...what a cutie pie he is~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheri,
    Oh, so sweet! I'm so glad you finally have your son. He is such a handsome fella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God!!!!!!! Oh Praise God!!!! So thrilled for you guys and praying for you over the next few days as you get to know each other! So thrilled for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheri and Bob, congratulations! We are so happy for you. I can't wait to show Emma when she gets home from school. What an amazing experience for you. Enjoy every moment and I can't wait to see the next updates and pictures. Evan is absolutely adorable. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you! He grabbed your hand!!!
    He may be able to hear some?!! Saying Mama and
    Baba!!! Oh, Cheri that is awesome news! Even him
    having a young lady like a big sister and you brought
    his big sister along! Hopefully that will even add to
    helping him to feel more comfortable threw this time
    of getting to know each other. He is such a handsome
    little guy. Will continue praying for all of you.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Cheri, I'm bawling like a baby. He is WONDERFUL!! Just look at him...he's so happy to have his mama & baba...Thank you Lord!!! Congratulations my precious friend...I am so excited for you guys. Off to get some kleenex!!! Love ya, stacy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing sight to see your arms around Evan. Oh he is breathtaking and so handsome! Your description of your first moments together just brought tears to my eyes! Praise God that the orphanage prepared him so well, that he recognized you and that he was excited! That is amazing! I pray that the Lord will continue to pour out His blessings upon you in the days to come as you all get to know one another, grow in love and bond as a family. I still can't believe it, such an awesome answer to prayer!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy for you all! What a wonderful day! Praying that everything will continue to go well.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANKS CARLA!!! Working on the photos … I should have known!!! :)))))

    Cheri, what is he doing in the one photo with Bob? Looking at a photo? I love the dualing magna doodles! TOO CUTE!!!

    And agreeing with others … how just so God that you brought his big sister and he came to meet you with a big sister from the SWI.

    He looks JUST LIKE his latest updates doesn't he?

    OK … I'll be stalking back (I mean checking back) later!

    Many prayers and just so JOY-FILLED for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey....I only did a tiny bit if correcting - and the shadows, which left weird color casts. I wanted to be able to see FACES. *grin*

    Dh was as in awe as I was when I told him how Evan just ran up to you so excitedly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to meet Evan.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tears of joy! Your Evan looks adorable and like he was always a part of your family. I wish you all well as you adjust to your new normal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tears are flowing down my cheeks as I look at the pictures of your new son, Bob and you. I am so happy that it was such a sweet time for all of you. God bless all of you and prayers continue to go up... Ellen. Your friend from sign language class.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lucky parents you are to have such a beautiful and sweet boy. We are soooo happy for your family and are anxious to meet him. Love Traci

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are thrilled for you and praying! PTL!

    Al and Anitarae

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful day Carla! Looks like Evan is doing so well and so awesome that he already said Mama and Baba. Makes me want to cry tears of joy! So wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats! He is so handsome! How wonderful that he was prepared for you. We too had this experience when meeting our daughter. It makes for a much easier transition! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have been refreshing for the last two days and for some weird reason no new post was coming up!! Finally just now I happened to look at the side of your blog and see new posts!!! Ahh!!! I have been dying to see!!! So forgive me for not commenting until now.... I am only just getting to see your sweet son!!!

    Praising the Lord!! Now off to read the next post!!

    ReplyDelete