Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shopping with Ann



Today we heading to Shamian Island to do some shopping. We had made plans with Ann from Red Threads to take us shopping so met up with her. She took us off the island to some street shops and hit some bargains! Boy does she know where to go and really looks over your purchases to make sure they are perfect. If your coming to China I would highly recommend using her. Do not buy your items in Beijing as tempting as it is she can really help you make some great deals on some nice items. Also make a list ahead of time, it helps save time.

When we were on the island we head some beautiful music and before I could think of the song Ann told us it was coming from the church. It was a hymn that we sign in church. Sure enough there was a beautiful church just ahead of us signing in Chinese and in English. It was simple beautiful! I was a bit confused as to why Chinese people could enter at will in this church and could not at the one in Beijing. Ann had no answer for me and seemed very surprised when I told her we had to show our passports to get in.

On our way back to the hotel she was able to get us a van to bring us back. All the kids piled in the very back and the adults in the front. Seemed very strange to pile our kids in the back of a van with no seats or seat belts. They thought it was the best thing though. We can now say we've taken the subway, the local bus, the taxi and plane in China. I think that covers all the public transportation in China except the train! LOL Our guide said we were the first group ever to use the public bus and that scares her.


Tomorrow we go back to the island to have Evan's TB test read. We are thinking he will need a chest x-ray along with two other children in our group. Please keep these children in your prayers. Thanks for your emails and comments. It is so nice to hear from everyone back home.

Cheri~



10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear what goodies you got. NOW if you had all ridden bikes, THEN I would have been impressed with all your transportation venue's...LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that smile on him!!!! I will definitely have to hire Ann to take us shopping, I bet that would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Cheri. It looks to be a great time for you & the family. Evan looks like he fits right in and especially with that Syracuse hat on. Safe travels for the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheri- he is so cute and looks so happy! I have heard Ann is great and I wish we had used her. I am ready to go back and do it all better. We will pray for a clear x-ray!

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great to catch up with you and see that Evan continues to be adjusting really well!

    I loved that Church! We went there on our last Sunday morning and I cried through the whole thing. So emotional. Ann is great! She took myself and a couple of other girls shopping for pearls and such like and she whizzed us around so fast with three babies strapped to our hips!! I have never walked as much as I did! I love you detailed descriptions of all you are doing.... it makes us all feel as though we are there with you.

    Will be praying!! Not long now until you travel home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is soooooo cute! We are so anxious to meet him. Praying for you all. Love Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Thanks for the tip! Doubt the prez would do this, but if by some miracle I go we might. (btw, we found out via email from GUZ in the night they've never received our DS230 or anything from A* for processing our art. 5; it has been at A* since 2/17; can you believe it?; not just you it seems that this is happening to)

    OK, so back to happy news! that last picture: ADORABLE AND PRECIOUS! Oh my goodness Cheri!!!!! I know you feel so full and blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheri, He is beautiful! I'm so happy for your family. You will be in my prayers and thoughts for safe travels home with your full family.

    Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun!!! Ann is awesome. Wish I could have met her in person, we sent Samantha's gifts through her. What a gorgeous church and I just adore that last pic of Evan.

    Hugs,
    Jonni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I had know about Ann when I went. Maybe next time! The church you saw was probably a Three Self Church. That is the only kind that national believers are allowed to freely attend. I can explain more once you get home if you would like.

    ReplyDelete