Friday, July 31, 2009

New Family Coordinator

As of today we have a new family coordinator (FC). Lauren is moving out of our agencies area and we will miss her dearly. She has been so much help to us this past year. I had hoped we would get through this adoption with one FC. We had four with Lia's adoption. We now have a "new" FC. Melissa has been with AWA for quite sometime. I have spoken with her in the past and she seems very nice.

Can you believe it, we get fingerprinted a week from today!! :) Oh so close!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hey thats cool! She is our FC too! But where is Lauren going? Did I miss the memo? Melissa seems to be "out of the office" quite a bit but I always get my question answered in a timely manner. I'm sad Lauren is leaving! We also had 3 FCs last time before our adoption was finalized! I'm sure you can't wait for your fingerprint appointment. Hopefully within a couple of weeks you'll get your I-797C!! And then DTC!! Whoo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll like Melissa. She was our FC the entire time last adoption and we did request her. I agree she is out a lot (but part of that is b/c they require them to share offices and job-share for financial reasons so not her fault). Anyway, she usually is easiest to reach via email and almost always responds that day. I like that about her among other things! :)

    Almost DTC!!! Thanks for the message. I think we'll get ours right about the end of month, and our 12mPP is Sept. 1, so that works for me. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness girl, we are right there with you. Lauren was our 5th FC (I believe Melissa was our 4th). Now since we are close to travel Kristen is our new FC. I really liked Lauren too, she was so great in getting back to me and would talk as long as I needed or answer as many questions as I had. I'm gonna miss her.

    ReplyDelete