Friday, November 13, 2009

Nerves

It seems as though my nerves are getting the best of me these days. Maybe because the time for travel is actually getting closer. There is still so much to do. We've waited for what seems like forever to bring Evan home and now it's right around the corner.

One of our biggest fears is that our time in China will be much like it was with Lia. Lia's fear, saddness, and anger was so overwhelming at times it hurt. There was only one other child in our group who reacted as Lia did. All the other children were happy go lucky. I can still hear Lia's deep cries and feel her in my arms as she tries to push herself away from me. Evan is bigger and even stronger than Lia. Will he react as she did or will he be excited?

All we can do is prepare for the worst and pray for the best! We don't expect Evan to come running to us nor did we with Lia. We know this is a life changing event that comes with many emotions for our children. We do pray that Evan's adjustment is a bit easier than Lia's was.


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Cheri, I completely understand what you are saying and feeling. Adiah was the same way you are describing Lia. I've been praying the same things you are. And my nerves...well, lets just say this. I'm glad its Saturday. For some reason, I feel like I can relax a bit today. Nothing is going to happen with the adoption or travel plans for the next two days. I've been waking up at really EVIL times in the night!! Just thinking and praying. So I'm ready to catch up on some rest. The Lord knows I need it! He has been teaching me so much, especially this past week, about letting go of "control" (as if I really had any. I just thought I did!! Ha!!) and letting him work out the timing of everything. I know it will be perfect!! So thankful for the way He is persistent in teaching me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. {HUG}

    I think I know who the other child was.

    I think Evan is older, and surely they communicate in some way with him. I'm praying daily that they prepare him for this adoption, but I truly think he'll be able to process what is going on better than Lia and the other child did.

    dh is getting nervous because Cheri and Bob won't be there to help relieve our stress this time with shopping, eating, walking, playtime, and talking. {HUG} We'll be available at any time over the computer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last few months, as we've been waiting to travel for our first adoption, I have felt in awe so many times at other peoples' stories, at the overwhelming love parents can feel for children that are halfway around the world from them. Your blog was the tip of the iceberg - I'm sitting here in tears as I read your story and the love for your son just overflows! What an incredible blessing to get to "virtually" know people like you, and thank you for sharing your story, because you really are inspiring those around you. I will be praying for your family, that things will be easier this time around, and that TA will come quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete