Saturday, October 10, 2009

New Pictures!



So we went a head and sent Evan a care package through Ann at Red Thread China. We were going to wait a few more weeks but I was starting to get a bit antsy. We really just want Evan to be fully prepared for our arrival. Hopefully he will understand that we are his family. Please pray that his nanny will be able to communicate that to him.

When we received his first update from the agency I thought he looked a bit different from his referral pictures. His eyes just didn't look as round and his face was fuller. Now we receive pictures that match the referral pictures but not the first set of updated pictures. I'm not sure if it was just because he was going through a chunkier stage or what. What do you all think?

Here are his new measurements -
10/10/2009
height : 118cm - 46.5in
weight : 22kg - 48.4 lbs
head : 51cm - 20.1in
chest : 55.5cm - 21.9in
feet : 18.5cm - 7.3in
teeth : 22

4/16/2009
Updated Measurements:
Height 115.5cm - 44.5in
Weight 20.5kg - 45.1lbs
Head 52.5cm - 20.7in
Chest 54.5cm - 21.5in
Feet 18cm - 7.1in
Teeth 20

2/3/2008
Height 103.5cm - 40.7in
Weight 18.5kg - 40.7lbs
Head 51.1cm - 20.1in
Feet?
Teeth 20
Chest 52.5 cm - 20.7

I'm loving his hair longer. I think he looks much thinner in these pictures. Oh and twice now I've seen his Chinese name translated different. Hopefully we can get that cleared up as we plan on using it as his middle name.

Is he not just sweet!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. 1st - I do see the resemblance between all 3 photo sets, the referral ones the face is rounder than in this last set...it's that losing of the little preschooler look and moving into little boy look. The 1st update photos look like he did chunk up before he grew stage to me.

    2nd - He is the same height as Samuel and outweighs him by about 2-3 pounds right now. I will check the foot size for you though (remind me if I forget). So, as of right now, he'd be wearing a size 5-6 pants...5's fit just about perfect, a size 6 drags the ground sometimes. He can probably hold up the size 6 pants better, especially with adjustable waist. :) Depending on whether he is long waisted or not, 5 shirts might be too short (fit everywhere else though). Size 6 will be a tad big. However, Children's Place 5/6 fits pretty good. Gymboree size 6 is what you want to go with there. At Target we're buying size 6/7 for Samuel, especially in the cheaper made shirts.

    and he is just adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheri. He looks to be the same measurements as Zachary right now. Zach is in size 5 pants (with adjustable waist only) and a 5/6 Childrens Place shirt or 6 otherwise. The sleeves are a little long on him, but we just cuff them 1x. I can't judge shoe size as Zach wears 2 different sizes. 12 on Left foot & 13 on Right.

    Oh boy you are going to have so much fun once you get him back here. I see a resemblance also in the pictures. Its amazing what 6 months can do with looks. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh! So, you went against agency suggestion? I REALLY want to send a package. Our photos are from referral over a year old and our update did not include any photos. M said they won't ask again. :(((

    I'm going to just bite the bullet and pay for an update! I WANT pictures!!! And I too want Joel to know that some changes are coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheri - he is such a cutie!! I know you guys are getting so excited. How are the sign classes going? How's sweet Lia?

    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. He IS just so cute!!!! I also see the resemblance in all 3 sets of photos. Its his nose and mouth that give him away. I LOVE that you got updated pictures!!! Sneaky....!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the upcoming adoption of your son! He looks like one great guy! We are about to adopt our daughter from Chongqing too!!! We will leave in January!!!
    Congrats again!
    Cindy
    PS I have an Evan too. Love that name :)

    ReplyDelete