Monday, March 9, 2009

Good News, Bad News

First let me say thank you to those who lifted our family up in prayer over the weekend. It was felt. Bob and I had a pretty serious talk about Rocky this past weekend. We both had concerns in different areas. I had concerns for Rocky's health and my husband had concerns for my health. For many weeks I felt the Lord open many doors to Rocky and the past two weeks I feel they have been closing. I wanted to ignore it at first but it was becoming very clear that he is not our son. :( It was a very difficult decision to make. We will continue to advocate for Rocky and pray that he finds his forever family!

As for the good news, we are currently reviewing a file of a 6 yr old boy who has a repaired cleft palate and is deaf. For those with our agency he is listed as Timothy. Keep praying my friends, the Lord knows who our son is. :)

7 comments:

  1. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.I will, as well, continue to add Rocky to my prayer list, I had already grown attached to him from your blog. God has his family ready and waiting and will place him when the time is right. Keep on smiling :) Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that was a hard decision to make, and I SO ADMIRE you for seeing those closed doors and not trying to force something. I am sure Rocky has a forever family. Praying as you review this file and that you will have clarity in your decision as God leads you to your son!

    Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that had to be such a hard decision but I also know that you have been seeking God's will from the beginning. He is continuing to guide and direct your steps towards your son and we will be praying that you remain obedient and sensitive to His leading!

    I'll be praying for Rocky as well...while the Lord closed this door for your family, he just opened the door for Rocky's family! God is so good! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been praying. I know this has been a very hard decision for both of you. You have to follow where the Lord leads and at times He closes doors...sometimes we understand...other times we don't. We will pray for Timothy as you review his file and continue to pray that Rocky finds his forever family. He is in the Lord's hands and the Lord knows the end from the beginning. Blessings, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for letting us know what has been happening and what is happening. joan and bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must have been a very hard decision to make. We'll keep Rocky in our prayers :)

    ReplyDelete