Next week we should receive our itinerary!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Travel Meeting
Can you believe we have our travel meeting Thursday! We are so excited! Time is just flying by so fast. We can't wait to find out if there is anyone else going to province with us and how many people are in our travel group. What we really want to know is who our guides will be. We're praying it will be Maggie and Rosa. If not then we will meet up with Rosa while we are in Beijing. :)
Next week we should receive our itinerary!
Next week we should receive our itinerary!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Concrete Travel Dates
We have definite travel dates. We will be leaving February 17th and returning home March 5th. Our Metcha Day will be February 22nd and we can not wait to meet Evan! Our CA appointment will be March 2nd and that should be the rest of our appointments. We have our airline tickets purchased already, it's just a matter of waiting a few weeks to board the plane to leave. As of right now we have 7 other families traveling with us and have the potential of 12 all together.
We leave three weeks from tomorrow! :)
We leave three weeks from tomorrow! :)
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Long Road
We are waiting to hear back from our travel coordinator about our CA but we are planning on leaving February 18th and returning March 5th! It feels great to have definite dates and know that we will be leaving in less than a month to meet our son. Tomorrow we will be a busy day making phone calls to various doctors and schools for him. Holy Cow I can't believe it!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Gearing Up
It's amazing what a date does for ones mind. Just knowing that we will leave (95% sure) on February 18th to meet Evan feels great! I remember telling other adoptive friends last year when we started this process that we would not travel until February or March. As time went by and things were looking up I thought we could go in January. It would have been possible if there was no paperwork mix ups but that was not meant to be. I also remember stating (way,way back) very clearly that I did not want to go to China again in the dead of winter! Nor did I want to come home to long, cold, dark days where we would be stuck in the house all day.
If my calculations are right we will leave Feb. 18th and return March 4th or 5th. The weather in China should be warmer than the record breaking freezing temps they are experiencing now not to mention Daylight Savings Time starts the following week! :D Winter will be almost over! OK we will have another 4-5 weeks when we return but that's not bad!
The pain management center that I go to was able to get me in at the end of the month for a nerve block in my neck. I'm praying that helps relieve some of the pain that I've been having. I'll also get to see my neurosurgeon the next day for follow up. I'll be glad to have those two appointments out of the way. Then today Lia's developmental doctor called and said they had a cancellation next week and wanted to know if we could do her Botox injections! Oh yes please!
There are just a handful of items needed from our packing list. I'm glad to have started early. I found a nice winter coat for Evan that was clearanced dirt cheap. The only thing we need now is our TA!
If my calculations are right we will leave Feb. 18th and return March 4th or 5th. The weather in China should be warmer than the record breaking freezing temps they are experiencing now not to mention Daylight Savings Time starts the following week! :D Winter will be almost over! OK we will have another 4-5 weeks when we return but that's not bad!
The pain management center that I go to was able to get me in at the end of the month for a nerve block in my neck. I'm praying that helps relieve some of the pain that I've been having. I'll also get to see my neurosurgeon the next day for follow up. I'll be glad to have those two appointments out of the way. Then today Lia's developmental doctor called and said they had a cancellation next week and wanted to know if we could do her Botox injections! Oh yes please!
There are just a handful of items needed from our packing list. I'm glad to have started early. I found a nice winter coat for Evan that was clearanced dirt cheap. The only thing we need now is our TA!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
Traveling After CNY
Our agency received TA's today but ours was not one of them. :( It looks as though we will be traveling after the Chinese New Year. We needed to have our TA by this Wednesday in order to be in next weeks group. Very unlikely our agency will receive another batch of TA's this week.
I was told they have a group leaving 2/18. The next hurdle might be getting a consulate appointment. I know I'll be glad when we are home and settled in with our boy!
I was told they have a group leaving 2/18. The next hurdle might be getting a consulate appointment. I know I'll be glad when we are home and settled in with our boy!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)